virginiabeachrockgym.com Forum Index
Home FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile Login to check your private messages Login

Post new topic   Reply to topic    virginiabeachrockgym.com Forum Index -> Gear -> Shoes and harness suggestions or feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richeyks
Gumbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Shoes and harness suggestions or feedback Reply with quote

I just bought myself a Singing Rock Rythm harness and some Mad Rock Flash shoes (size 9.5) and was curious if anyone had any feedback on them or any suggestions of better gear. Does anyone know if i should have bought my mad rocks a size smaller? my shoe size is 9-9.5 dsepending on the shoe. thanks for any input.

- "It's all mind over matter until your mind meets the matter"
- "Life is a terminal sexually transmitted disease"
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sick_tom
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Singing Rock and Mad Rock both make decent, inexpensive equipment. Less expensive equipment generally lacks features or uses materials of lesser quality. This doesn't mean your harness is less safe but it may wear out quicker than a more expensive harness. The most important consideration when purchasing a harness and shoes is comfort and fit. Other peoples opinions (including professional reviewers) aren't that important. I could tell you that my favorite shoe is the "whatever", but if the "whatever" doesn't fit your foot type it may be the worst shoe for you. Same thing goes for a harness. If the harness feels good to you while you climb in it and while you hang in it you made a good choice. The Mad Rock Flash is going to stretch. It is unlined leather which basically makes the shoe nothing but leather and rubber, both of which stretch like crazy. Obviously the tighter you get the shoes the more they are going to stretch. If the shoe is fairly tight all around (no dead spots) and your toes are right up to the front, they will work fine. As "uncool" as it may look, if they stretch you can always wear a thin sock to help the sizing. If you can move your foot around inside the shoe without the shoe moving, they are probably to big. Hope that helps a little. When you are climbing at the gym you could also have someone (staff or experienced climber) check out the fit of your shoes and get their opinion.
The most important thing to remember is buy your gear at the Rock Gym
icon_lol.gif
View users profile Send private message Send email
richeyks
Gumbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply, yeah, my shoes since i posted have stretched some and are no where near as painful as they were. i've been happy with what i have so far. thanks for the advice and i'll keep it in mind as i get more experienced.

- "It's all mind over matter until your mind meets the matter"
- "Life is a terminal sexually transmitted disease"
View users profile Send private message Send email AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    virginiabeachrockgym.com Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: