virginiabeachrockgym.com Forum Index
Home FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register Profile Login to check your private messages Login

Post new topic   Reply to topic    virginiabeachrockgym.com Forum Index -> Gear -> buying on eBay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazon
Gumbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: buying on eBay Reply with quote

has anyone bought gear on eBay before? i know there are some things you don't buy on there, but I was looking to get my brother a pair of shoes (he has impossibly huge feet and i was hoping to catch a break on the price) and I was wondering if anyone knew of any reputable sellers or ones to beware of since you can't always tell from their feedback & such. i usually get everything from the gym pro shop, but like i said, i'm trying to get a price break.. so i guess any info on where to get less expensive but still good gear would be helpful.
sick_tom
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought plenty of stuff off ebay (not only climbing equip). Never had a problem, knock on wood. I always buy from people with good feedback, who take paypal, and if possible have a return policy. A return policy might be critical for shoe sizing. If possible have your brother try on whatever shoe you're going to buy. Also, take a look around, the price of climbing shoes is dropping. You can buy decent shoes for 75-80 bucks. Check out the 5.10 Coyote and the Evolv Defy ($75 and $79 respectively); both of which can be found at the Rock Gym proshop icon_lol.gif . If his feet are really huge, you might have to special order the size. Evolv's are fairly easy to size because they don't stretch at all and usually fit close to your street shoe size.
Good Luck
www.evolvesports.com
www.fiveten.com
View users profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    virginiabeachrockgym.com Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: